Monday, March 14, 2011

Quitting Smoking

When I used to smoke, many patients would comment on how I smelled. I would feel embarrassed and ashamed that as a health care worker I had to hear from patients that I should quit smoking. Back in the mid 80's we were even allowed to smoke at the nurses station! YIKES! Cigarettes are a thing of the past for me now and it was a tough road to get there but I did it, and I hope other health care workers that might read this will consider being smoke free :)  There's a great web site I found during that journey that has everything you could possibly want in the form of help. http://www.whyquit.com/ has videos, books you can download, and a slew of other information...in my opinion, the best out there. Try to never take another puff!

No comments:

Post a Comment